1. Melissa Patchuli wedge, $105 | 2. Marc Jacobs plastic sandal, $731 | 3. Melissa Virtue loafer, $80 | 4. Melissa Papel flat, $80 | 5. Yves Saint Laurent Tribute rubber sandal, $347 | 6. Yves Saint Laurent Starry rubber sandal, $261 | 7. Marc Jacobs plastic sandals, $293 | 8. Chinese Laundry Wild Child flats, $40 | 9. Penny Loves Kenny Kooper sandal, $60
Who else is an 80′s child and remembers those jelly shoes from your childhood? Nostalgic? Then you’ll like the return of the jelly shoes and sandals, but with an updated twist. If by twist I mean a 5 inch heel with the initials Y-S-L. It looks like the rubber shoes of the past have made a comeback, but in a much more grown up, eco-conscious manner. – Tram @ Phi-Style.com
1. Steve Madden Wizarrd, $90 | 2. 3.1 Phillip Lim Cody d’Orsay Heels, $625 | 3. J. Renee Arctic heel, $93 | 4. 3.1 Phillip Lim Cody Metallic d’Orsay pumps, $595 | 5. Prada satin clear heels, $790 | 6. Jeffrey Campbell Jehens sandal, $135 | 7. Donald J. Pliner Pelusp wedge, $202 | 8. Maison Martin Margiela mesh ankle boot, $1095 | 9. Sigerson Morrison Dali wedge, $425
Remember when clear, lucite heels immediately conjured images of, well…exotic dancers? No more! The clear heel trend as of late features a refined shape and the smart use of see-through details, from a smidgen of heel, to a seemingly entire bare foot. I love the use of an unusual material in a shoe, especially using something as clear and beautiful as lucite or acrylic. – Tram @ Phi-Style.com
1. Michael Antonio Ratio sandal, $55 | 2. Cynthia Vincent Anna pump, $353 | 3. Nine West Zelda pump, $90 | 4. Sergio Rossi platform pump, $715 | 5. Steve Madden Viktoree pump, $130 | 6. Badgley Mischka Randall pump, $200 | 7. Kenneth Cole NY jazz club heel, $168 | 8. Michale Antonio silver wedge, $60 | 9. Fendi bow pump, $695
Taking a cue from the recent Fashion Week shows, I’ve compiled a trove of silver plated footwear. Metallics have been popping up on the runway and will sure to be popping up come Fall and Winter 2012. A single silver pop on the feet give the trend a modern, refined element. – Tram @ Phi-Style.com
1. Kate Spade Licorice Glitter Pump, $350 | 2. Christian Louboutin Jenny 150 pump, $895 | 3. Michael Antonio Lloyd Pump, $65 | 4. Bottega Veneta Glitter Pump, $820 | 5. Miu Miu Gold Glitter Pump, $630 | 6. Steve Madden Haylow-G sandal, $90 | 7. Badgley Mischka Humbie Pump, $200 | 8. Steve Madden Palmerr sandal, $90 | 9. Jimmy Choo Glitter Sandal, $595
Inspired by the cult-favored Miu Miu glitter pumps from this Fall (pictured center) I thought a glittery pair of shoes would make such a cute footwear option for your wedding day. It’s glitzy, it’s unexpected, and best of all, you can wear it again and again after the wedding. – Tram @ Phi-Style.com
1. Marni mirrored-heel sandals, $179 | 2. Tabitha Simmons satin wedge pumps, $287 | 3. Christian Louboutin New Marpoil, $750 | 4. Fendi micro logo wedges, $285 | 5. Christian Louboutin suede glitter platform, $895 | 6. Fendi banded-strap wedge, $435 | 7. Alexandre Birman caged python wedge, $825 | 8. Miu Miu t-strap wedge pump, $630 | 9. Miu Miu patent platform sandal, $675 | 10. Miu Miu crystal-embellished pumps, $620 | 11. Chloe mirrored-heel sandal, $645 | 12. Jimmy Choo metallic wedge, $425
Brooklyn Bride recently received a reader request for bridal footwear that was outdoor wedding-friendly. Probably the most important factor to consider is the heel – nothing too skinny that might sink into grass. A thicker heel or a wedge will prevent such a disaster! However, if you do go for a wedge-type shoe, you don’t want it to look too casual or espadrille-like. The ones I’ve found above feature a thinner, more sculpted wedge that is both elegant and functional. – Tram @Phi-Style.com
There are currently no upcoming events scheduled. Check for new events soon.
Browse previous events.