1. Everly Clothing Chevron Top of the World Dress, $50 | 2. Little Ella Chevron Romper, $64 | 3. Carnival You Could Want Dress, $50 | 4. Gorjana Charm Bracelet, $60 | 5. Ralph Lauren Holden Chevron Rug, $4350 | 6. House of Harlow 1960 Station Chevron Earrings, $75 | 7. Charlotte Russe Chevron Raffia Pump, $38.50 | 8. J.Crew Chevron Tie Belt, $15 | 9. Boohoo Kitty Chevron Wedge, $26
The stripes in the v-shape are nothing new, especially in the world of fashion (Missoni, anyone?), but maybe you never knew that the official name for this pattern is the “chevron.” Originally used in architecture or to signify military rank, today’s use is a little less formal. I love the pattern because of the clean lines and geometric shapes. It’s a little bit retro, but still maintaining a very contemporary feel. – Tram @ Phi-Style.com
1. Double Zero Boat Show Dress, $53 | 2. Lush Coolest Party Ever Dress, $55 | 3. Ark & Co Flow Flow Quick Quick Dress, $85 | 4. Miss Selfridge Ombre Maxi Dress, $80 | 5. OOAK Vintage Ventura Dress, $40 | 6. Hello Miss Rainbow Forest Dress, $63 | 7. Topshop Sheer Hem Maxi Skirt, $76 | 8. Mono B. Mermaid for Each Other Skirt, $48 | 9. Audrey 3+1 Your Best Boat Skirt, $38
Not really a long dress type of gal, but feel like a short dress isn’t formal enough? The sheer hem trend is a great compromise because you get the length of a long maxi dress, but without all the additional weight. Want something a little bit extra? Asymmetrical, high-low, or handkerchief hems can add some interest to your look as well! – Tram @ Phi-Style.com
1. Ryu All Neutral dress, $90 | 2. Yours Always Dress, $156 | 3. Trashy Diva Aisle Be There dress, $163 | 4. Valerie Tolosa Snow Drop dress, $250 | 5. Sipping Champagne dress, $150 | 6. Bettie Paige Apparel With Only a Wink dress, $140 | 7. Darling Daisy for You dress, $110 | 8. Maggy London Fame, Set, Match dress, $148 | 9. Trashy Diva Gown Undah dress, $163
Have you ever worn a pretty dress, most likely white or some other neutral color, and thought to yourself, “this could be a wedding dress?” Hence the title of this post, “Questionable Bride” – dedicated to those pretty, pretty frocks that could easily double duty as a wedding dress or reception dress. The idea of being able to re-wear your wedding dress sounds pretty good to me! Best part? You get to pay regular-dress-prices instead of wedding-dress-prices. – Tram @ Phi-Style.com
[Images from Modcloth]
1. Melissa Patchuli wedge, $105 | 2. Marc Jacobs plastic sandal, $731 | 3. Melissa Virtue loafer, $80 | 4. Melissa Papel flat, $80 | 5. Yves Saint Laurent Tribute rubber sandal, $347 | 6. Yves Saint Laurent Starry rubber sandal, $261 | 7. Marc Jacobs plastic sandals, $293 | 8. Chinese Laundry Wild Child flats, $40 | 9. Penny Loves Kenny Kooper sandal, $60
Who else is an 80′s child and remembers those jelly shoes from your childhood? Nostalgic? Then you’ll like the return of the jelly shoes and sandals, but with an updated twist. If by twist I mean a 5 inch heel with the initials Y-S-L. It looks like the rubber shoes of the past have made a comeback, but in a much more grown up, eco-conscious manner. – Tram @ Phi-Style.com
1. OOAK Grand Stare-Case dress, $80 | 2. Stop Staring Let’s Fete Together dress, $190 | 3. Conversion Double Windsor dress, $50 | 4. Taylor Rose Bubbly dress, $158 | 5. Taylor Winter Waltz dress, $200 | 6. Skunk Funk In Her Own League dress, $168 | 7. Taylor Walk Away with Bronze dress, $168 | 8. Eva Franco Dice as Nice dress, $248 | 9. ModCloth Belle in Bronze dress, $160
Is anyone else mourning the end of this season’s Mad Men? Loved this past season! To commemorate, I pulled together some great vintage glam looks to help channel your inner Betty Draper or Joan Harris (or Megan Draper!). The center dress looks wonderfully bridal, no? – Tram @ Phi-Style.com
[Images from Modcloth]
There are currently no upcoming events scheduled. Check for new events soon.
Browse previous events.