1. Karen Millen tropical print clutch, $135 | 2. ASOS Leon slippers, $27 | 3. Karen Millen tropical print sandals, $199 | 4. Oasis tropical print jacket, $88 | 5. Dries Van Noten cotton shorts, $515 | 6. Oasis tropical print full skirt, $72 | 7. Altuzarra tropical silk dress, $1495 | 8. Love tropical print pleat skirt dress, $58 | 9. Oasis tropical print dress, $80
Floral prints are nothing new in the world of style and fashion, but taking florals one step up are the tropical prints of this season. The tropical prints of current aren’t the usual Hawaiian print that you might imagine, but rather, a bit edgier, a bit darker, and maybe even a bit more sensual? The scenic prints like the Dries shorts are my personal favorite. – Tram @ Phi-Style.com
1. Coach Tour top, $38 | 2. She’s Got Peplum top, $33 | 3. Smile While You Style top, $35 | 4. Ark & Co Bronze & Brains top, $73 | 5. Tra La La Bustier, $65 | 6. Eternal Flam of Love skirt, $43 | 7. Work With Me dress, $50 | 8. Snow Drop dress, $250 | 9. Lucky Date dress, $45
I love the silhouette of a peplum detail on a top, dress, or skirt because it instantly adds a vintage element while maintaining a very modern, clean cut. Just goes to show you that you can be feminine without the miles and miles of ruffles! – Tram @ Phi-Style.com
[images from Modcloth]
1. Proenza Schouler floral neoprene dress, $2925 | 2. Willow ruched neoprene jersey dress, $376 | 3. Topshop reversable neoprene dress, $150 | 4. Christian Louboutin Snorkeling 100 neoprene ankle boots, $895 | 5. ASOS neoprene clutch, $31 | 6. Pierre HArdy neoprene sandals, $795 | 7. Wallis neoprene bodycon dress, $35 | 8. Altuzarra ruffled neoprene dress, $2230 | 9. Elizabeth & James floral neoprene skirt, $325
The material once reserved for scuba suits and laptop sleeves has more recently been seen everywhere from models on runways to your everyday fashionista at dinner. Neoprene, the material hybrid feeling like a cross between foam and rubber, lends itself to a variety of wardrobe-related uses since it can showcase bright colors in their truest form, while also maintaining the shape of clothing amazingly. If your modern tastes are less inclined to soft chiffons, and more drawn to avant garde structural shapes, neoprene fabrics are something worth considering! – Tram @ Phi-Style.com
1. Franchi Angela silk box clutch, $108 | 2. Franchi Judi silk clutch, $94 | 3. Diane von Furstenberg Tonda watersnake box clutch, $365 | 4. Wallis oyster satin box clutch, $25 | 5. Johnny Loves Rosie angular box clutch, $62 | 6. Vanessa two-tone rhinestone box clutch, $74 | 7. Carlo Fellini Emily clutch, $36 | 8. All Saints quartz clutch, $130 | 9. Diane von Furstenberg Lytton sequined box clutch, $325
Perhaps not THE most important accessory a bride carries or wears on her wedding day, but an important one nonetheless. Where else to keep your lipstick, some tissues, and your cell phone? No need for a clutch on your big day? A pretty clutch would also make a great bridesmaid gift! Currently loving these great super-boxy, angular clutches. – Tram @ Phi-Style.com
1. Miu Miu crystal clip earrrings, $230 | 2. Alexander Olch pocket round, $55 | 3. Miu Miu gingham taffeta slingbacks, $595 | 4. Brooks Brothers check dress, $85 | 5. Marc Jacobs gingham organza dress, $2500 | 6. Tommy Hilfiger gingham skinny tie, $38 | 7. Marc Jacobs gingham pumps, $690 | 8. Comme des Cargons gingham fedora, $250 | 9. Brioni gingham cotton shirt, $495
Gingham may not necessarily be synonymous with “modern,” but with a keen styling eye, gingham is a great way to add a twist to a modern palette. It’s fun and whimsical, and can be easily adapted to a variety of color palettes and stylized details. Also, have you seen that drapey organza Marc Jacobs dress up there? LOVE! – Tram @ Phi-Style.com
There are currently no upcoming events scheduled. Check for new events soon.
Browse previous events.