Bridesmaid dresses have the potential to be the cheesiest element of the wedding. A bunch of ladies in the same dress is not always a good idea. However, in the right dress in the right color, it can be wondrous. Here are some ways to flatter your bridesmaids and get some lovely photos at the same time.
- Warm colors. Let each bridesmaid choose their own dress and give them a palette. This one is warm hues like tomato red, mandarin, yellow, salmon. No doubt the bride provided a color palette to work with. From here.
- Blue. The dress is all the same but it works so well here because the dress is flattering and works so well with the floral bouquets. From here.
- Gold sequins. It’s fun, it’s fresh! From here.
- All florals. Each dress is different but the floral patterns are all in the same scale so it works perfectly. From here.
by Brittany Jepsen of The House That Lars Built
1. Landscape Architect dress, $70 | 2. Ethereal Elegance dress, $60 | 3. In Sage You Will dress, $75 | 4. Every Now and Femme dress, $48 | 5. Dinner Mint Dress, $225 | 6. It’s Only Mint Believe dress, $50 | 7. Chill Seeker dress, $70 | 8. Pinch of Pistachio dress, $50
Tram @ Phi-Style.com
[images from Modcloth]
New York/New Jersey/Connecticut/Philadelphia bridesmaids needed for Brides New York feature
Brides New York and Brides Local Magazines are looking for New York/New Jersey/Connecticut/Philadelphia area women who have recently been bridesmaids to participate in a fashion feature for our upcoming issue. In a nutshell, the story is about which bridesmaid dresses really do have “wear again” potential and how to accessorize them to make them work for other occasions. We’ll be photographing former bridesmaids in their dresses, which we’ll accessorize/alter to create a new look. If you’re interested in participating, please email a photo of yourself in your bridesmaid dress and your measurements (dress size, shoe size) to Leigh Crandall at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, August 31st. The photo shoot is scheduled to take place towards the end of September at our studio in NYC, and hair and makeup will be provided.