Julie from Up Up Creative always has such a great, modern invitation designs thats its almost hard to keep up! Her abstract geometry design is still one of my all time favorites, but these new designs are pretty up there too.
[images from Up Up Creative]
I recently came across the work of Erica Loesing, aka Yes Ma’am, and absolutely fell in love with her modern yet classic style. Her shop is full of goodies other than invitations, but I just wanted to focus on these because I liked them so much. She also does lovely papercuts which really add such a lovely depth to her work.
[images from Yes Ma'am]
Sycamore Street Press has some really lovely new wedding invitations out right now, so you should definitely check them out! Eva’s got such beautiful hand lettering, doesn’t she?
[images from Sycamore Street Press]
These days, the guest “book” idea has become a little less book and a lot more creative–even a chance to show off how clever you are! Though I kept mine simple for my wedding with an actual book, I would have loved to have created a piece that I could have hung up for everyone to see. Here are some of my favorite ideas.
- Balloon print. Each guest adds their thumb print in for a cute grouping of balloons.
- Each guest signed a blank piece of fabric that was then turned into a quilt.
- Sign a vintage globe. From here.
- Everyone signs a feather on this art print. From here.
- Leave out a collection of ceramic plates for everyone to sign. From here.
- Have each guest leave a note and put it in an envelope. From here.
What unique ideas have you seen around?
by Brittany Jepsen of The House That Lars Built
[images from The Hungry Workshop]