The aisle is a perfect place to make a statement about the feel of your wedding. If you’re looking to really make a statement about your modern wedding, here are a few things to try to make your unique.
1. (top left) Use petals to make a design lining the aisle. Use different colors to create patterns.
2. (top right) These floral balls are a perfect way to be modern yet romantic. They’re the perfect amount of fun!
3. (bottom left) Sweet and simple bouquets tied to the chairs made with unusual and minimal flowers create a perfect modern statement.
4. (bottom right) Line the aisles with masses of flowers for decadent yet clean look.
by Brittany Watson Jepsen of The House That Lars Built
This engagement party shoot is the perfect mix of modern and rustic…I’m loving those pops of color against the wood!
a modern couple, a simple gathering of food enthusiasts, the perfect mix of industrial and cozy … just some of the inspiration behind this engagement-themed shoot. together with a creative team replete with letterpress, photography, and floral design specialists, we set out to showcase the restaurant’s unique interiors and restless attention to its dishes. an engagement party seemed to fit the bill in creating an intimate, yet stylish celebration …. custom letterpress featuring the couple’s story + menu, a couple DIY projects, one amazing floral + wood centerpiece, drool-worthy food + drinks, and voila!
event design + coordination // mStarr event styling + design
floral design // ilex flowers
letterpress stationery // smudge ink
venue + food // journeyman restaurant in somervilla, ma
photography // liz linder photography
makeup artistry // jaime mullane makeup artistry
hair styling // jenny matthews
[images from liz linder photography]
1. Meghan Andrews Photography via SMP | 2. Florisity via NYMag | 3. Janie Medley by Amelia Johnson | 4. JL Designs | 5. Tec Petaja via d*s | 6. JM Events by Amelia Johnson | 7. Blossom & Branch by 1. art beauty life via BB | 8. LSL Event Designs via EAD | 9. Bash Atlanta| 10. Sprout Home, photo by Brookelyn Photography via BB
I think it definitely takes a certain kind of person to get this, but hey, if we can spray paint toy animals as placecards, why not action figures as centerpieces??
[images from ArtNau]
Hard to imagine a more perfect centerpiece…