Congrats ladies! Please send me your addresses so we can send your books out! I’m going to keep it a little surprise who gets the autographed copy…
Can you believe its already that time again? I’m having trouble coming to grips that the year is already almost over and that thanksgiving is next week! But maybe a little holiday card swap will make the transition a bit easier…this year we’re going to do the optional recipe swap as well if you’re interested in getting some good cookie or cake recipes to try out.
Here are the rules:
Send an email to me at brooklynbride [at] gmail [dot] com with Holiday Card Swap in the subject line by November 25 [day before Thanksgiving]. Include your name, address, email address, website/blog address and twitter handle [if you have these]. Please send your email in this format… THE CARD SWAP IS NOW CLOSED!
123 Main St. #25
Anytown NY 12345
- By December 1, I will have emailed you the names and addresses of up to 5 people to send cards to.
- Your cards must be handmade [think Gocco, glitter, Photoshop, cut + paste, sewing, etc....] Make something that’s easy to do multiples of. You’ll be sending 1 card to each person on your list, and add in a special holiday greeting!
- If you’re feeling EXTRA up to the challenge, include a tried and true holiday cookie recipe! And if you can, please email me the recipe in addition to including it with your card so I can gather them all together in one easy place.
- Send out your cards by December 15 at the latest!
Wait patiently by your mailbox! The swap is open to our international audience, so pay special attention to postage. Please don’t disappoint your partners if you know you won’t be able to send out cards on time, or at all.
I always save my birthday (its a big one!) for the annual survey, because honestly, its a great reminder that yet another year has gone by (ug) and that I should check in with you.
I’d love if you could take a couple of minutes to answer some questions about Brooklyn Bride, what you like, what you’d like to see more of, etc. We’ve got some changes coming up so I want to make sure they’re on target with you, my dear readers.
Thanks in advance!
Brooklyn Bride is going to be getting a face-lift soon, and it seems like the right time to bring on some new blood and get some new columns cooking over here!
I’m currently looking for 2-3 assistant editors to help with the day to day aspects of running Brooklyn Bride.
The ideal candidate:
* Has a great writing style
* Has a similar aesthetic to Brooklyn Bride – modern, fresh, quirky, colorful
* WordPress, InDesign + Photoshop experience preferred
* Can do 1-2 posts a week
* Specifically looking for people to help contribute with DIY, Real Weddings, engagement shoots, studio tours, product roundups, event coverage, etc.
Editorial positions are unpaid on a trial basis for the first 3 months, after which will be compensated.
To apply, please send a sample post along with an inspiration board of images that visually convey your aesthetic, and preferred topics to cover via email with the subject heading “editor position”. Unfortunately I will not be able to respond to each applicant personally, but thank you in advance for your interest in joining the team!!
I’m also looking for an intern to help me out with submissions, running the FB page, managing emails, helping with laying out posts, etc. You should have a love of modern design and weddings as a whole. If you’re interested, please email me with subject heading “intern” and your resume with why you think working at Brooklyn Bride would be a good fit. This position is only a couple of hours a week and you do not have to live in Brooklyn, but living in the tri-state area might be helpful so you can attend local events. This position is unpaid.
Its definitely a rainbow kinda day…Brooklyn Bride is 3 years old today! How time flies when you’re having fun, right?? I’ve got some fun stuff happening this year so bear with me while it takes shape!
[I had torn out this image from a magazine YEARS ago and have been holding on to it ever since...if you know where its from, please let me know! I feel like it was an old issue of Jane Magazine?]
Update: Dress by Alexander McQueen
There are currently no upcoming events scheduled. Check for new events soon.
Browse previous events.