This top 10 was a recent reader request…fondant cakes may look great, but they definitely don’t taste it, so here are some chic non-fondant options!
1. We are so good | 2. Sweetapolita | 3. Wendy Kromer | 4. Momofuku Milk Bar | 5. Lael Cakes | 6. Cakewalk Bake Shop | 7. Baked | 8. M. Robin Cakes | 9. Donna Hay via That Inspirational Girl | 10. Peggy Porschen
The flower girl has the unofficial job to charm the guests. Usually all she has to do is be her cute self, but with the addition of the right prop she is sure to make her walk memorable. Here are some cute ideas for a flower girl.
Clockwise from top left:
- Flower basket. Nothing says flower girl more than a flower basket. Try this one.
- Whole flowers. Instead of flower petals, buy some fabric flowers at the craft store.
- Instead of dropping flowers, drape your girls in floral crowns.
- Have the girls hold chalkboard signs with cute sayings.
- Holding a floral wand would illicit many oohs and ahhhs.
- There’s nothing cuter than a cheeky sign held by an adorable little girl.
by Brittany Jepsen of The House That Lars Built
I recently came across the work of Erica Loesing, aka Yes Ma’am, and absolutely fell in love with her modern yet classic style. Her shop is full of goodies other than invitations, but I just wanted to focus on these because I liked them so much. She also does lovely papercuts which really add such a lovely depth to her work.
[images from Yes Ma'am]